Monday, June 17, 2013

In The Land of Flip Flop

Photo Credit Kai Hendry
To say I am addicted to flip flops in the summer time is an overstatement. The start of the summer season also marks my entrance into the land of the flip flop. That illusive place that is warm, magical, full of color and sun. Flip flops are a summer season must have, as intoxicatingly desirable as owning a little black dress. As soon as the summer season hits out come the flip flops and only the threat of freezing weather in the fall resigns me to packing them away. Available in a wide range of colors, shapes and sizes, flip flops can be casual or elegant and can suit whatever summer mood you are in. What I love about them is they are comfortable and affordable.

My Favorite Roxy Flip Flops



Photo Credit: Wikimedia Commons
We owe it to the Egyptians for conceiving the flip flop idea in 4,000 B.C, largely due to the heat and sandy environment. They've been adapted throughout time and I don't know what I'd do without my summer flip flops! With so many styles and colors to choose from it's no wonder I have so many pairs, and every season sees me purchasing a new color and style.

Flip Flops for Summer Fun



Photo Credit: davespencer
There is something about flip flops that rings in the summer season and reminds me of warm summer days, summer nights, camping and hanging out at the beach. With all the rain we have been having we haven't had many beach days yet, but I'm in the land of flip flop and looking forward to sunny days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment